The X of PLIX stands for “exchange”, and we are always looking for new ways to work with our librarian partners to make sure that ideas travel both ways.
In that spirit, the PLIX Creative Learning Ambassadors collaborate with us to act as advocates for creative learning.
They take on a leadership role in their local community as well as in PLIX online workshops:
- Co-facilitating offerings from PLIX— online courses, community meetings, and workshops.
- Supporting colleagues in their library systems or regions in how to engage PLIX activities.
- Introducing peers to the PLIX approach to creative learning.
- Engaging with others and posting about creative learning on social media and the discussion forum.
- Talking about their work with PLIX activities at conferences and other professional gatherings.
- Remixing PLIX activities with patrons and documenting the experience.
- Getting to know one another, sharing updates and ideas, and discussing/planing activities with regular, online meetings.
This group shares our passion for hands-on creative learning programming and a keen desire to spread their love of what PLIX is doing. Together, we are building a network of library professionals who advocate for PLIX and creative learning in communities, library systems, and libraries across the United States.
The 24 Ambassadors represent a wide range of library professionals—in the roles they perform, the size and setting of their libraries (some tiny rural branches, others huge urban systems), and the depth of experience in librarianship and/or STEM topics.The Ambassadors program is made possible with funding from the IMLS Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program.