DataBasic.io is a set of tools and hands-on workshops developed to help people learn data literacy concepts in safe, engaging, familiar ways.
Have you implemented a DataBasic.io activity? Have feedback to share? Questions about how to get started? Get in touch!
DataBasic.io at a Glance
- Age range: High school through adult
- Group size: Anywhere from 10 to 80 people, around 30 is ideal
- Facilitators: 1-2 facilitators
- Facilitator skills: Data literacy, creativity, arts and crafts
- Activity type: Hands-on skill building workshop
- Session length: Series of one-off or mix-and-match workshop activities
- Cost: Only the cost of arts and craft supplies
- Supplies: Arts and craft supplies, cardboard, glue, etc.
- Additional needs: Many of the sessions require you to provide a data set you are familiar with