What unexpected non-carbon-based lifeforms can you create?
Last week's cosmic picnic in zero gravity now gets transported to a setting that's limited only by your imagination.
- Read PLIX's activity writeup for Scratch+micro:bit
- Get started on a crazy interactive plant to add to our imaginary intergalactic garden.
- Join us for Thursday's Make & Meet at 3pm Eastern time (UTC-4) to work on and/or share your project.
- Post a picture to the PLIX Forum and/or share your project in our Scratch studio.
Materials you'll need for this week's activity
While the activity as we have created it requires a micro:bit, you can create an interactive Scratch project without one. At a minimum, make sure you have a Scratch account installed and ready to go for the Make'n'Meet.
We hope you had a chance to get a micro:bit.
If you don't have a micro:bit, you can use Scratch's video sensing feature or keyboard input to make your project interactive.
If you find a source that sells the "micro:bit go kit", these three other components are included:
- AAA or AA battery pack to power micro:bit
- AAA or AA batteries
- cable to connect micro:bit