With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community. Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively — essential skills for life in the 21st century.
Have you implemented a Scratch activity? Have feedback to share? Questions about how to get started? Get in touch!
Scratch at a Glance
- Age range: 8 and older
- Group size: 1 or more (1 or 2 per computer)
- Facilitators: 0 or more
- Facilitator skills: Basic familiarity with Scratch
- Parents involved: No
- Activity type: Self-directed activities
- Cost: Free! Scratch activity cards can be downloaded and printed or purchased
- Space and equipment: Computer with internet access