On March 15-16, 2023, we had a blast running a Facilitating Creative Learning workshop for 13 library groups connecting and playing together in-person and online. To learn more about this neat format, check out our Flocks, Pods, and Gaggles: Bringing people together in-person and online article on the MIT Media Lab website!
Here’s who attended the workshop, with their collective group names:
- Conspiracy of Lemurs: Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Library System, Jamestown, NY
- Scurry of Squirrels: Christian County Library, Ozark, MO
- Business of Ferrets: Four County Library System, Vestal, NY
- Flamboyant Murder of Librarians: Southeast Kansas Library System, Iola, KS
- Cauldron of Bats: Southern Tier Library System, Painted Post, NY
- Romp of Otters: David A Howe Library, Wellsville, NY
- Waddle of Penguins: The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County, Youngstown, OH
- School of Fish: Elisha D Smith Public Library, Menasha, WI
- Sleuth of Bears: McPherson Public Library, McPherson, KS
- Crash of Rhinos: Chester County Library Center & Hankin Branch, Exton, PA
- Mob of Kangaroos: Delaware County Libraries, Media, PA
- Curds of Cheese: Little Chute Library, Little Chute, WI
- Troubling of Goldfish: Sawyer Free Library, Gloucester, MA
Together, we built our Lego creative learning ducks, dove into the PLIX creative learning pedagogy, celebrated Women’s History Month with our Paper Circuits activity, found poems on our local maps, and shook up PLIX with remix strategies.
Here’s some group photos of our 60-second duck challenge. Just like how there’s a diversity of solutions in creative learning, not all ducks are the same!
Mob of Kangaroos:
Cauldron of Bats:
Conspiracy of Lemurs:
Troubling of Goldfish:
Sleuth of Bears:
Waddle of Penguins: