Prompts to help you externalize and reflect on your experiences
Reserve ~10 minutes after each workshop to debrief or reflect on your own or with co-facilitators. Use what you’ve collected in your documentation in a reflection journal.
- What was challenging?
- What could be improved?
- What went well?
Think about times you sensed strong emotions in yourself or your learners. When were you or they:
Choose some sentence starters to get your reflection going:
- I saw….
- I felt….
- I heard….
Revisit your own facilitation mantra as a starting point:
- How well did it serve you?
- Tweak it to better serve you moving forward.
- What did I notice? What was interesting?
- What would I have liked to do differently?
- How did this resemble my usual programming? How was it different?
- How well did I engage the facilitation techniques?
- When did I enjoy it most?
- When was I most worried?
- What skills were most helpful in learners assisting each other?