Facilitating Creative Learning with PLIX
In this self-guided mini course, we will get you ready to run your first PLIX workshop in your library.
This mini course has eight sessions—you’ll receive two in your inbox each week for four weeks (one on Monday, and one on Thursday!). We will combine practice and theory for facilitating creative learning, and we’ll give you all the tools you need.
Although this course is self-guided, you won’t be alone! You’ll join your fellow participating librarians on the PLIX forum, to share, inspire, and reflect together.
The course is designed for anyone interested in creative STEM programming—no technical expertise is required (or expected).
The course is structured in eight sessions (over four weeks; two emails per week):
- Getting Started with PLIX—Learn about the Media Lab and what PLIX does
- The Facilitator’s Mindset—What it means to be a Creative Learning Facilitator
- The PLIX Pedagogy: Creative Learning—Dig in to our creative learning pedagogy
- Preparing Examples—Curate thoughtful examples to help you get started
- Remixing: Making PLIX Your Own—Remix PLIX activities for your context
- Letting Learners Lead—Encourage peer learning and support learner agency
- Wrapping up—Celebrate the process and product by checking in and sharing out
- Growing as a Facilitator—Document, reflect, and share your experiences