- More than books - what makes libraries special places to learn via werkstatt.bpd.de (article in German, video in English)
- A Year of Library Innovation at the Media Lab via Bibliotech
- MIT Media Lab Collaborates with Public Librarians via Library Journal
- Librarian of Congress visits MIT via MIT Libraries
- Getting Started with Creative Learning in your Public Library from the ML Learning Initiative Blog
- An Exchange Program for Public Librarians from the ML Learning Initiative Blog
- Introducing PLIX: The Public Library Innovation Exchange from the ML Learning Initiative Blog
Public libraries and the MIT Media Lab are kindred spirits. Both support an open, collaborative environment where learning can flourish. So let's team up!
The Public Library Innovation Exchange (PLIX) is a community of librarians and MIT Media Lab researchers who strive to integrate the ideas of creative learning into their facilitation practice. Together, this community is developing new creative STEAM learning experiences—based on MIT Media Lab research and designed for the public library setting.
Questions? Email us at plix[at]media.mit.edu
PLIX is a project of the Media Lab Learning Initiative, in collaboration with the Knight Foundation and MIT Libraries.