- Ecological Urbanism: A Framework for the Design of Resilient Cities - Anne Spirn, 2012
- Spontaneous Urban Vegetation: Reflections of Change in a Globalized World - Peter del Tredici, 2010
- Soil as a Living System - Leslie Jones Sauer, 1999
These readings are part of our Urban Ecology Facilitator Training email mini-course.
- The Data Politics of the Urban Age - Fábio Duarte and Ricardo Álvarez, 2019
- Why Detroiters Didn’t Trust City Tree-Planting Efforts - Brentin Mock, 2019
- Civic Science for Sustainability: Reframing the Role of Experts, Policy-Makers, and Citizens in Environmental Governance - Karin Bäckstrand, 2003
- Greening Sprawl: Lawn Culture and Carbon Storage in the Suburban Landscape - Joan Nassauer, 2018
- Shade - Sam Bloch, 2019
- The Flora of the Future - Peter del Tredici, 2014
- Biomorphic Urbanism: a Guide for Sustainable Cities - Peter J. Kindel (SOM), 2019
- Water and the City: The Next Century - Howard Rosen and Ann Durkin Keating, 1991
- Vacant Land: a Resource for Reshaping Urban Neighborhoods - Anne Whiston Spirn & the West Philadelphia Landscape Project, 1991
- Reclaiming Common Ground: Water, Neighborhoods, and Public Spaces - Anne Whiston Sprin, 2000
Interested in discussing these readings? Share your thoughts on the PLIX Discussion Forum!
The Public Library Innovation Exchange (PLIX) is a project of the MIT Media Lab Digital Learning & Collaboration Studio. Except where otherwise noted, all materials on this site are licensed under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license. Accessibility.